As some of you may or may not know I am a huge huge fan of denim pants. Jeans are extremely versatile and fits into most any wardrobe male or female. A great fitting pair of jeans is a easy way to look good, and be comfortable. However depending on your body type that's easier said than done. For me the issue I have is that my thighs are thick/ muscular and my waist is tiny. So in most cases (for me) jeans fit well up top, but are loose at the bottom or vice versa. So as a person who loves to shop and hates to lose the challenge is forever accepted. Without further ado here are my selections for winter denim:
- Levi's 508/Curve ID - As a child of the 90s it's no surprise that this would be on my list. Levi's are a great way to find a good selection of jeans under $100 (and i do love to save money lol). It's twist on a classic on a class cut that gives more room in the quad area for men without being too baggy in the calve area. For women I'd recommend the curve id from Levi's. The premise behind the jean is to fit your natural curves of your body without being skinny jean tight. You can't go wrong with either really.
- Banana Republic Heritage Jeans - Banana Republic has always been one of my favorite places to get knits. During a recent shopping trip I stumbled upon the jeans section there. Needless to say I will be back again.
- G-Star RAW - As expensive as this brand can be I swear by their chinos. Trust me if you have some extra cash you should give them a try at least once.
- Swords-Smith - As a Brooklyn guy I have the pleasure of being close to local talent - this place being one of the talented spots. I'm pretty sure I've only seen denim in this place once, but the one time left a lasting imprint. This place is by no means cheap so I recommend to spend wisely here. Besides even if you don't end up finding a pair of denim you like it's always worth the trip.
- Top Shop/Man - I have a love hate relationship with Top Man & Top Shop. They usually either have exactly what you want for the season or miss the mark entirely for me. Their denim collections usually consist mainly of joggers and leggings, but when you do find a pair of jeans it usually fits like magic.
Where do you guys get your jeans? Leave me a comment with your thoughts.