With the year flying by fall is around the corner, I’m hopeful that I’ll get my summer bucket list done. At the end of July, I am headed to one of the biggest outdoor BBQs in North Carolina (hopefully with a sweet after-party). Today’s playlist is inspired by Summer Barbeques with a bit of urban flare. However, you don’t have to be grilling burgers to enjoy a listen to all it has to offer. Just whip out your phone and jam out to its goodness.
Be sure to subscribe to my Spotify to stay up-to-date on what I’m listening to.
Have an addictive song you want me to hear?
Shoot me an email with any suggestions!
- · Montell Jordan – “This Is How We Do It”
- · Disclosure – “Latch”
- · Miguel – “Adorn”
- · Clean Bandit – “Rather Be”
- · Empire Soundtrack – “Keep It Movin’”
- · Missy Elliot – “Missy Elliot”
- · Nick Jonas – “Nick Jonas”
- · Tinashe – “2 On”
- · N’Sync – “It’s Gonna Be Me”
- · Empire Soundtrack – “Whatever Makes You Happy”
- · Tori Kelly – “Should’ve Been Us”
- · Lorde – “Royals”
- · Janelle Monae – “Electric Lady”
- · Justin Timberlake – “Take Back The Night”
- · Fifth Harmony – “BO$$”
If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll see that I love menswear among other things. So, of course, I was excited to hear about Fashion Week in New York is getting a week devoted to men. With all the shows on the horizon now is the best time to start getting my looks together. Along with my best friend Rose, we scoured the stores over the weekend to see what we could get on the dime, but still look chic.
We explored everything from Zara – to Bloomingdales – to Top Shop to put all of the pieces together. After grabbing as many pieces as we could afford for the day, we were pleasantly surprised with all the great things we could find on short notice… some of which we had to order for the best deal. At the end of the day we both decided to do suits which is uncommon for us but looked great! As I always have my followers backs, of course I’ll post some of my favorites in case you are scrambling to get ready like we were. All of the suits were spectacular as one would imagine, but these five really got my attention.
Without further ado here are Perceived Style's Suit Picks to get you though NYFW:
- Aqua 3 Piece Suit by First Estate Co
- Light Blue Hutson Suit by Hugo Boss
- Black 1 Button by Top Man
- 3 Piece Blue Suit by First Estate
- Slim Chino Suit by Banana Republic
If you haven’t had a chance to check out some summer suits being offered, take a browse around their online shops the links are listed above.
Just be sure to stay tuned, there is more to come. ;-)
As with many New Yorkers space is a huge issue for me. I love to shop I just don’t always have a place to put everything. So, every two seasons, I clean out my closet and, put things in storage to make room for new things. Now overhauling your closet might seem like a daunting task but, try not to get discouraged. Just ask yourself the following questions to get the ball rolling:
- What’s the best thing about your wardrobe?
- Take a minute and decide what you love about your wardrobe. What you keep your cloths in is just as important as the cloths themselves. With space being such a big factor in so many major cities its only natural that selecting a wardrobe would be impacting by how much you can fit. Be practical about how many pieces you’re looking to purchase. Having 30 pairs of skinny jeans is fine if you have the space. If you don’t well then you’re a hoarder and that’s not cute.
- Is your wardrobe visible?
- Being able to physically see your clothing is just as important if not more important than selecting it. The reason that I say that is because most people tend to adopt the “out of sight out of mind” mentality. It makes sense if you think about it. I know for me the last thing that I am thinking about in the morning is climbing way into my closet to mine for a look to wear that day. If I’m in a rush I’m lucky if I am awake let alone stylish.
- Is your closet or rack neat?
- A neat closet is a big factor in cleaning out your wardrobe. A busy working person is more likely to part with certain garments if everything is not in a big pile…..
- What do I do with my cloths I don’t need?
- There are a ton of things you can do with old cloths, especially if they’re vintage. You can bring your cloths to your local consignment store to sell, and/or donate pieces. Ebay is a great outlet for selling items in good condition. I've been known to grab a few pieces from eBay as well. Hopefully this clears your clutter like it did mine!
Cleaning out your closet is the perfect time to identify what you already have on hand. How can you look for pieces to compliment your collection if you don’t know what’s in it? AND while you’re at it, take note of the pieces you haven’t worn at all in the past one, two, three, or more years— trust me we've all got clothes like that. Seriously though, if it's been in your closet for that long you're probably not going to wear it. A good closet purging is more than liberating. I recommend making a smoothie and giving it a go!
How often do you guys clean out your closet?